From: Ole Drews Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: DSL router with dialup backup
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:33:20 -0500

If I get ADSL Internet access with my local telco, the DSL can run on one of
my existing phone lines, and by using VPN I can create a connection between
a branch office and the head office.

  If I choose to have route redundancy by using a DSL router that have the
ability to use a modem, and then setup an additional 56Kbps modem route with
a higher cost, it should dial my head office in case the DSL route goes
down.

BUT, has anyone ever seen the ADSL being down but the phone line still up?

Also, how often does it happen that a DSL connection is down?

A third (off topic / off the subject) question:

I currently have a mixed Novell NetWare 4.1 and Windows NT 4.0 network with
HP printers connected to the network with HP jetdirect nic's. I am currently
using Novell's print queues for the net print services (which is working
very well), but I would like to use my Novell server as a boat anchor, and I
have not had to good experience with NT's print services, and I would like
to be able to print directly to the printer at my branch offices, instead of
having the data sent over and back the WAN first. Using Windows 98
workstations, what would be a good way of solving this problem?

Thanks for any comments on this,

Ole