Here is a workaround that has worked for all my machines.

Cheers

Rudi

Installing Cisco Documentation CD in Windows 2000

*** IMPORTANT NOTE -- PLEASE READ ***
These instructions are NOT recommended or supported
by Cisco.  They are not guaranteed to work and may
messup your computer.  The recommended solution is
to run the CD on one of the supported operating
systems or to wait until the next release of the
Documentation CD which will support the Windows
2000 operating system.  If you choose to use these
instructions, you do so at your own risk.

1.  Read the IMPORTANT NOTE above.

2.  Edit the Windows 2000 Registry Key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/IE4/Setup/Path
Change the value from "%programfiles%\Internet Explorer"
to "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer" or wherever IE
is installed on your machine.

3.  Uninstall the Cisco Documentation CD

4.  Sometimes you will also have to manually delete
files or directories from the original installation
of the CD.

5.  Re-install the Cisco Documentation CD and it
should work.