I agree Cost affects route selection and Priorty affects the selection of a
DR.

Why do you have "default-information Originate." in your config for  2
routers?. The reason for this command is if one of your router is learning a
default route from it's side of the network or from another routing process
and injecting it into the OSPF domain. With this command in two routers, you
are basically injecting a default route from 2 sources that are in the same
area. I do not think you want to do that.

The command "default-metric" is only useful when you are redistributing
multiple routing process into OSPF and you want all routes learned from all
this process to be injected into OSPF with the same cost. I do not think you
need the command. OSPF assigns a value of 20 within its AS. The command is
useless unless this router is an ASBR

The command distance 85 is not neccessary unless you have another routing
process that has a lower administrative distance than that of  OSPF (example
is EIGRP 90 for internal and 170 for external) and you want OSPF to be used.
This command is used when you want to change from one routing process to an
other while minimizing downtime. So you keep both processes running and
later remove one.

I hope I have been helpful. IfI am wrong, kindly let me know.
Ade Alao
CCNP R/S, CCNP VoIP, MCSE