In major league baseball, the distance between bases is 90 feet. Just enough
that on a slow roller to shortstop, there is the chance the runner will make
it safely if he hustles, and there is a challenge to the shortstop to make
the play correctly to throw the runner out.

For those who have taken any number of these certification tests now,
whaddaya think? Enough questions and little enough time that there is
something of a challenge?

The only test where I was still hustling at the end was the DCN/CCDA test,
in which I used every last second. All the others I finished with 5-10
minutes to spare. On one or two of the betas I had ample time left when I
hung it up. My overall impression after seven of these things is that there
is plenty of time if you aren't spending your time counting on your fingers
figuring out subnet masks and number of hosts per network. 60 seconds per
question is, on the average, a lot of time. Many of the questions really
should take no more than 10 seconds a pop, leaving lots of leeway for
thinking through the complex questions or case studies.

Anyone else think there is too much time? Too little? Not enough questions?
Too many?

Chuck
Back to X.25, ATM, and SNA - CID/CCDP test Friday :->

Please check out my new footers for a new age
1) Altruism
http://www.thehungersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/HungerSite
Please help feed hungry people worldwide. A few seconds a day can make a
difference to many people
2) Shameless Hucksterism
www.certificationzone.com
An excellent study focal point for all levels of certification, as well as
the attainment of internetworking expertise. Use my name when you register.
You get good study material and I get extra time