I agree.  If I know I've got an hour, why not read the question twice, to make
sure it's asking what I first thought?  Especially considering the phrasing of
some of the Cisco exams.  No extra points for finishing in 15 minutes instead of
30... I personally prefer the exams where you can go back and review - that way
I can do a first run without double checking, and then go back and check the
questions at leisure.  If I know I can't go back, I make myself reread the
question and answers a couple of times to make sure I'm reading it correctly.
I've never run out of time yet (although the Design beta was pushing it), but
I've certainly never finished in 20 minutes.
Probably a habit learned at school - for some of my school exams, you weren't
allowed to leave early - so you may as well use the time for something, and the
only real options are checking your work or doodling in the margins of the test
paper...
In real life, I'd prefer to work with somebody who checks their work and
considers alternatives, rather than racing through it as quickly as possible.
Unless, of course, it's a crisis situation, in which case I'm quite happy to
skip all the niceties and clean up the mess later!

JMcL
---------------------- Forwarded by Jenny Mcleod/NSO/CSDA on 30/06/2000 08:53

Rik Guyler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 30/06/2000 01:53:17

Please respond to Rik Guyler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>