From: K Sacca [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2000 4:54 PM
To: Daniel Cotts; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Need help

Try the following and see if it works.  I was provided
this information by a colleague.

Are you trying to set up a back-to-back connection
using ISDN ? If
that's the case, on the peer serial0:23 interace, you
need to issue the
command ISDN network. This simulates the network
(switch) side of the
ISDN connection.

You can verify that by doing 'show isdn status' and it
should say
'**network side configuration'. Be careful with clock
sources tho.
Generally I make the side which is acting as the
network use the
internal clock. This can be done by doing 'clock
source internal' on the
t1 controller

Regards Kamoto

--- Daniel Cotts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> First you need two routers with an ISDN BRI
> interface. Note some have a U
> interface for USA connections while others have an
> S/T interface that is
> used in the rest of the world. Note that a NT-1
> adapter converts the S/T on
> the router to interact with the U provided by the
> Telco.
> To connect them you must either have the Telco
> provide ISDN service or
> purchase an ISDN simulator. Two manufacturers of
> simulators are:
> 1) Arca Technologies - call Dean Coleman
> 800-888-1978 ext 252 also
> www.arca.com  Lotsa toys!
> 2)Teltone check out www.teltone.com or talk to
> communications distributors
> such as Graybar or Anixter, etc. Also Specialized
> Products 800-866-5353.
> Good service but most likely not the lowest price.
> Simulators are expensive.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]