From: woody [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2000 9:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CID/CCDP Stories

I think the questions in the exam where there is more than one correct
answer are there for a reason.  In real life you often have many ways to
tackle a problem.  All of them will work, however one of them is the most
correct (and hence best way).  The exam simply reflects this.

I thought the exam was OK.  I felt there was a lot of emphasis on desktop
protocols.  The only gripe I have is that some of the design pricipals they
quote are now 'old fashioned'  As such I suspect this exam will be replaced
soon (no beta exam is availablable so it is going to be around for another
12 months at least).

Sorry to hear you didn't pass it.  Better luck next time.

Keith

""Chuck Larrieu"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
001501bfe2e8$227ef960$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:001501bfe2e8$227ef960$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> First of all, congratulations to Kevin Wiggle, who passed today. Good for
> you, Kevin!!!!
>
> My own sad story - I humiliated myself by failing today. 65 needed. My
score
> 61.
>
> I tell my kids it's better to be lucky than smart. Lord knows I've had my
> share of luck, passing seven exams first try each, some by fewer than 15
> points. Well, today  my luck ran out. I've discovered that sometimes it
> still helps to be smart.
>
> My take on the test - not what I expected. No case studies. Not as much
SNA