From: ANIL.YADAV
To: Omer Shommo
Cc: Cisco Group Study
Sent: 7/3/00 10:23 PM
Subject: Re: Serial0 is up, line protocol is down!

Hi!!
everybody

I'm facing a starnge problem. Even if I put a physical loop oan the
serial
interface my protocol doesn't come up it shows me something like this

Serial1 is up, line protocol is down (looped)

tried varios options but doesn' help.

thanks
anil

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Omer Shommo wrote:

> Hello to All,
>
> If Serial0 is up, line protocol is down, then what should I check?
Give me as many answers as you can.

> BTW what  is the line protocol? is it a network protocol like ip, ipx?
or is it the data link layer protocol?