x.x.x.1 0.0.0.230 answer would be correct for the PIX firewall (they use
reverse wildcard mask - match 1, do_not_care 0)
but in router case should not this be x.x.x.1 0.0.0.24?

if we put this in binary: (forget about first three bytes )
       8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

  1 - 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
  9 - 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
17 - 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
25 - 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1

it gives us the following - we want 1 in the position 1.  0's in 8,7,6,3,2
and do_not_care in 5 and 4. For the access- lists on Cisco routers 0 is
match, 1 is do_not_care so wildcard mask should be
0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 which gives us 24

x.x.x.1 0.0.0.24 sutisfies this condition

RGRDS,
Evgeny

--
Please DO NOT send replyes just directly to me, post them to the Newsgroup

http://www.groupstudy.com/list/guide.html
http://www.groupstudy.com