These numbers are the decimal version of their binary equivalents.

The binary bit positions have the following values, from left to right:
128,64,32,16,8,4,2, and 1.  You can determine the decimal equivalent of a
binary number by adding up the values for the bit positions.

255 (decimal) = 1111 1111 (binary)

224 = 1110 0000

192 = 1100 0000

I hope this makes sense.  It's very late and I've been working on a resume.
You know how annoying THAT can be!  :-)

John Neiberger