Atif,

A couple of things I do to try and isolate the problem...

See if you can do an extended ping to the DHCP server from the Ethernet segment your end stations are attached to (please don't take offense to this, this one bites me a lot.. I get so wound up in trying to find more elaborate causes to my problem that I sometimes overlook simple routing issues.)

The next thing I do, is put a sniffer on the segment with the DHCP server to see if indeed the packets are not reaching it.  (I also have wan sniffers that I use to troubleshoot this, If you have them I would recommend using them)  I will assume that you do not and show you how I troubleshoot this through IOS.

To debug this through IOS I do a "debug ip udp" on the router attached to the end stations (could produce a lot of data depending on your network!)

You should see something like

00:31:54: UDP: rcvd src=0.0.0.0(68), dst=255.255.255.255(67), length=308 ("The actual DHCP broadcast")
00:31:54: BOOTP: opcode 1 from host 0.0.0.0 on Ethernet0, 0 secs, 0 hops
00:31:54: UDP: forwarded broadcast 67 from 10.1.172.139("the router address") to 10.5.41.5("The DHCP server address") on Ethernet0

Next, set up an access-list that watches traffic destined to your DHCP server on your 2620, then you can do a "debug ip packet 1" (where 1 is the access-list you set up) you should see something like

00:08:18: IP: s=10.1.172.139 (Ethernet0), d=10.5.41.5 (Ethernet1), g=10.5.41.5, len 328, forward ("This is the forwarded packet")

(The output from these debugs might look a little different as I have these routers sitting on the same ethernet segment and not across a WAN.... But it should illustrate the point)

You should be able to do this debug throughout your network and watch the packets flow from end to end.

I hope this helps you out!

Shane