Hi, (was on vacations:)

-----Message d'origine-----
De: E. Carolina Arias S. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Date: jeudi 6 juillet 2000 14:45
À: Hallgren, Michael
Cc: Lisa Ridley; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet: Re: MC3810

I tried to answer your question individually, but I got a msg. saying my
mail address was blocked on your site or something like that...

Strange. Will check with the guys running our corp. MTA.

However this is what I wanted to say:

Check the position of your MFT card. Look at the rear of your MC3810. If the
card is on the left most slot (on the dvm card) it is in the "voice"
position and you will not have it working for wan. In this case, on the
config you'll see controller E1 1 (As you're pointing below). The card must
be on the "wan" position on the slot right above the eth. port. Then it will
appear in the config as controller E1 0. Following I show you part of the
config. of two routers with the MFT card in one and the other position...

My MFT card is installed just above the Eth. port (so, good for data), but
I've got no trace of controller E1 0 in my box's config :(

Thanks

mh

************
hostname WAN_MFT
!
controller E1 0
 framing NO-CRC4
 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-4
!
interface Serial0:0
 no ip address
 no ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation frame-relay
 frame-relay traffic-shaping
 frame-relay lmi-type cisco
!
interface Serial0:0.1 point-to-point
  ip address 10.10.14.2 255.255.255.0
  no ip directed-broadcast
  frame-relay interface-dlci 21
  class cie5
  vofr cisco

Here I have voice and data through the same pvc.interface Serial0:0
 **************************
hostname VOICE_MFT
!
controller E1 1
 framing NO-CRC4
 mode cas
 voice-group 0 timeslots 1-15,17-24 type e&m-immediate-start
!
voice-port 1/1
 timing answer-winkwidth 0
!
The voice-group creates the voice ports 1/1 - 24

"Hallgren, Michael" wrote:

>It depends on the ios you are using. Ver 11.3 used serial 2, ver 12.0 uses
it
>like a normal s0:0

Thanks for this info. I can't seem to get #controller e1 1 to work. Maybe
bad IOS version ??
Which one do you use ?

mh