Title: Routing Tables
It may help you to look at the role that CDP plays in the propogation of information between routers as well.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Johnny Dedon
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 11:38 AM
To: Deloso, Elmer G.; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Routing Tables

If I can add my two cents, the end result is to find the nexthop for the "best route" to the destination.  Link state protocols provide each router with the information to construct a complete map of the network.  Only changes are then propagated between routers.  Distance vector routing protocols route by rumor. Each router gets his copy of the routing table based on his neighbor's point of view.

Johnny