Well, then I guess my real question should have been on summarizing the routes
coming into router A.

Can you go into a little more detail on that?

BTW, I don't have the 2nd router connected yet. I wanted to find out what would
be involved first....so I can't tell you if the metrics are the same, but they
should be when the second link is installed.

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          walawson@cisc|
|        |          o.com        |
|        |                       |
|        |          07/14/00     |
|        |          10:19 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED],                   |
  |       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                             |
  |       cc:                                              |
  |       Subject:     RE: Load Balancing between two      |
  |       routers                                          |
  >--------------------------------------------------------|

Peter,

  OK - the first thing you need to do.  View your IP routing table and see
if there are two routes to the same destination via OSPF
(to the destination site).  If so,  check to ensure that the metrics are the
same.  If so,  remove your static route.
     *OSPF will automatically load balance on up to 4 equal cost paths.
As far as the large routing tables on the B and C routers - you can
summarize the routes coming into router A.  - This is the
preferred and recommended method.

HTH - Wayne