Congrats Chuck, now I may starting calling you with design questions.. : )

------
Fred Nielsen [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
------

"Chuck Larrieu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
000401bfe812$bd8923c0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:000401bfe812$bd8923c0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
: Spend a wonderful long weekend studying. Great appreciation to my wife,
who
: took the kids a lot of places for long periods of time so that I could
: concentrate. Covered those topics I took for granted the first time
through.
: The result? Success!!!!!
:
: ..........................First Time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Second Time
: Section.............#questions/correct.........questions/correct
: Intro/Net Design         8/8                            8/4   ( didn't
: review this - lots of core/dist/access questions )
: Campus Lan Design   8/5                             8/7   the lord givith,
: the lord taketh away :->
: TCP/IP Net Design     25/13                        26/22   study helps :->
: Desktop protocols       25/14                        25/21    ditto
: Wan Design                26/19                         25/18   x.25 and
SNA
: WAN issues, probably
: SNA design                 7/2                             7/4   helps to
: know an acronym or two
: Security issues             1/0                             1/0
:
: This last section is interesting. There was one question which appeared on
: both tests. It did fit into this category, so I am assuming this is the
: question. There were three correct and one incorrect answer. I am still
: convinced that there is a typo on the test, and the real question is
"which
: is NOT", which is how the question is scored. If I had been feeling a bit
: more contrary, I would have answered it that way just to see. Instead, I
: tried to pick the "most correct" of the three ( a different answer than
with
: the previous attempt )
:
: Sure as hell seemed like there were more than 7 SNA questions. Which leads
: me to believe that some of it is categorized under WAN design.
:
: Having taken the CID course, and having the class materials was quite
: helpful. In addition, I read much of Robert Padjen's  Cisco Internetwork
: Design Study Guide, and the Cisco Press book Cisco Internetwork Design,
: edited by Matthew Birkner. Each source has it's strengths and weaknesses.
: would say that the class materials provided the best foundation, but alone
: might not be enough to pass. I also reviewed a bit of Laura Chappel's
Cisco
: Internetwork Troubleshooting for certain protocols. The Boson tests proved
: valuable as well. Then there were the flashcard pages - Bernard's and
: Priscilla's. I was planning to give a review of the study materials, but I
: find I am too tired tonight, after a long day of customer meetings and
then
: the test. The caffeine high is starting to fade.
:
: Word of advice to those looking at this test - do not take anything for
: granted. You can see from the section breakdowns that TCP/IP, Desktop, and
: WAN are the bulk of the test. These are key, and it should not be assumed
: that just because you passed the CCNP tests, that you know enough to pass
: the CID, particularly with it's manner of regarding these areas.
: Understanding of Cisco's design methodology is also important, and can
: provide some cushion.
:
: Whelp, that's about it for tonight. See y'all on the road to the CCIE
: written. There might be a stop along the way for Cvoice, but maybe not,
with
: business picking up the way it is. All those CIO's who've spent the first
: half of the year diddling around suddenly are realizing they have work to
: do. :->
:
: Thanks again to all of you who participate here. There is much to be
learned
: here as well.
:
: Chuck
: CCNP/Security, CCDP!!!!! Yes!!!!
:
: Please check out my new footers for a new age
: 1) Altruism
: http://www.thehungersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/HungerSite
: Please help feed hungry people worldwide. A few seconds a day can make a
: difference to many people
:
: 2) Shameless Hucksterism
: http://www.certificationzone.com
: An excellent study focal point for all levels of certification, as well as
: the attainment of internetworking expertise. Use my name when you
register.
: You get good study material and I get extra time
:
: Report misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: ---