Sorry folks, let me clarify:

Here's how I got all the certs (in this order):

CCNA
CCDA
FRS
CIT
CID

That gave me the following certifications:

CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP

So, when I said that all he had to do was take the CID to get his CCDP, I
was under the impression that he had completed the others the same as I had.
Sorry for the confusion :-)

Clayton Dukes
Internetwork Solutions Engineer
Thrupoint, Inc