From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 1:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Help with Giles CCIE Study Guide

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone who actually owns or has access to the book:

All in One
Cisco CCIE Study Guide
by Roosevelt Giles, McGraw-Hill

Would be willing to let me ask them questions and correspond with them on
specific pages now and then. I am aware that this is not a very popular book
amongst many in the group, and I know that it has quite a few errors. The
reason that I am interested in clarifying certain subjects in the book is
because I think that the author explains things very well (at least for me)
and has a talent for imparting knowledge. I am also convinced that he knows
what he is talking about. The problem I see is that it is clear the book has
not been proofread or edited by anyone with a technical background, just for
spelling and grammar. Just knowing what you're talking about doesn't
necessarily mean you can write well.
 I would be willing to document and compile anything I have learned in a
text file and share it with the group upon completion. The errata available
from McGraw-Hill doesn't cover many issues in the text, mostly only the
questions at the end. If anyone would be willing to help me on this I would
be truly grateful.

Thanks for your time.

John Mairs