Actually, it shows up more than once. In the sample output from the "show
isdn status" listed just above the table, sapi and tei are listed under
layer 2. :-)

TEI and SAPI are part of the address field of an LAPD frame - which is
Layer 2.

If you want further info about them, check out this:
http://protocols.com/pbook/isdn.htm

Karen E Young
Network Engineer
ELF Technologies, Inc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    "Taylor, Don"

                    <dontaylor@kp        To:     "'Ole Drews Jensen'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
                    mg.com>              "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    Sent by:             cc:

                    nobody@groups        Subject:     RE: TEI & SAPI

                    tudy.com

                    07/27/00

                    02:12 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "Taylor, Don"

Your post made me wonder, so I went a-searchin'. The only thing I was able
to find on it that might be somewhat authoritative is the following URL:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/dial_

r/drprt1/drbri.htm

Scroll to the bottom of the page and look at the table (or just do a search
for "sapi" - it only shows up once). Note that SAPI doesn't enter the
equation until layer 3.

- Don