Layer 3 is not the same as the OSI network layer, though. ISDN has a
different protocol stack. It sounds like the writer of the study guide
question might have been confused by this gotcha.

Your answer of "a unique datalink layer address" is better than the answer
in the book of "a unique network layer address."

TEI is a device identifier. SAPI is like an LLC SAP and identifies the
point where Q.921's Layer 2 provides a service to Q.921's Layer 3. For
example, SAPI 0 = call control, etc. We're still at the OSI datalink layer,
though.

Cisco Press's CIT book has all sorts of details. It might be a good place
to check.

Priscilla