Well, I've finally passed my last 2 exams to obtain my CCNP and CCDP
certifications.  I thought I'd post a bit of information on how I did this,
and what my current role at work is.

The study material I used was:

- Lots of CiscoPress books,
- Some Sybex books,
- Some Syngress books,
- Network Study Guides and other questions/study notes obtained on various
web sites.

I have a Palm Pilot (actually a Handspring) and would like to have used Palm
based study notes and questions. I believe the Sybex CID book had a subset
of questions that were on the CD for the Palm.

My web site www.tuline.eu.org has my books listed.

The order of exams I took was:

CCNA - Used Sybex book, and course material, studied hard and got 94%
(really like the Sybex),
CCDA - Used CID book, course material, and didn't do nearly as well (wished
I'd had the CCDA book),
ACRC - Used CiscoPress and Sybex, took a long time and did reasonable
(didn't like the Sybex book),
CMTD - CiscoPress and course material, was very motivated to learn this, and
got 93%,
CLSC - CiscoPress, and did reasonable (wished I'd had some actual switches
to play with),
CID - Used CiscoPress, Sybex, was overconfident, and squeaked through,
CIT - Used CiscoPress, Syngress, studied for only 3 weeks, and did
reasonable.

Since I'm a department manager, and have kids, most of my study time was
spent on the subway (we call it Skytrain) to and from work. Additionally, I
don't currently get a lot of hands on time, so I'll not be pursuing CCIE for
the time being. I'm not interested in selling any of my books or course
material, as I'll be using them for reference and probably for CCNP 2.0 down
the road.

My role is manager of corporate systems support for an 800 employee
organization, and I provide technical support of our Frame Relay network of
15+ sites. This frame network is using point-multipoint and EIGRP.
Additionally, our WAN also includes a couple of point to point links, as
well as a recently installed ISDN site.  We're going to be adding some Cisco
switches to our branch LAN in October, so I hope to get some decent switch
experience. I also occasionally consult to our clients in the area of
network design and implementation.

Andrew Tuline  CCNP/CCDP

Sierra Systems Group Inc.
Vancouver, BC