From: Dave Swink
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2000 11:58 AM
Subject: RE: assign dhcp address on ethernet interface?

Mickey,

I don't think there is a way to do this.  I am hard pressed to figure out why you would want to do this.  Any static routes (including default gateway settings on your hosts) you have created to the interface would be ruined every time the interface picked up a new IP address.  This would especially create havoc on the inside interface of a PIX.

Please drop me a line if you find out how to do it.  Also, an explanation of what you are trying to do with it would be appreciated if you have time.

Dave Swink