Personally I am studying to take the CCNA WAN Switching exam next fall, were
some of the material learned will cross over to the CCNP WAN Switching exam
for specialization after completion of the CCNP exams.  I have heard a good
place to start studing for the CCNP exams is the BSCN.  I figure I will
study the old ACRC books by Cisco Press and Todd Lamle, then save up and buy
the other newer books.  I am also going to buy the older CLSC book since I
know that has good material in it.