Sybex v/s Cisco Press.. interesting debate... and I think we haven't had
enough of it. I used both - the Todd Lammle book as well as the CCNA Exam
Certification Guide (Wendell Odom, Cisco Press) for CCNA 1.0.

Believe me, it pays off to read both. For Microsoft certifications, the MS
Press books were sufficient, more or less. For Cisco certifications, the
Cisco Press books are a big help. Mostly, the language is remarkably similar
to the Cisco tests, imho. So if you've read the Cisco Press books, you are
bound to immediately recollect stuff from the book when you read the test
questions. Correct me if I'm wrong folks - but that's been my experience.

I understood switching concepts like Spanning Tree & VLANs much better form
the Cisco Press book than Lammle. Not to belittle the Lammle book - it's an
excellent and focussed book, highly recommended for the test. You could pass
the test by reading the Lammle book alone.

Maybe being inundated with material isn't such a bad thing afterall...

Now only if I could find something to soothe my nerves... I tend to get real
nervous starting 2-3 days before the test... any tips ? (And this is
happening only for the Cisco tests..... MS was a breeze comparatively... :-)

Bharat Suneja

013401bffa13$59fae240$f6bc49c2@oemcomputer">news:013401bffa13$59fae240$f6bc49c2@oemcomputer...

,