I implemented Lucent's QIP product for a network of about 10,000 or so
computers, and I'd recommend it - for IP management, DHCP, and DDNS.
The only issues I've had with it is the support can be slow at times -
I'd have the problem fixed sometimes before I'd get a call-back.

Cisco bought a company and now has their own IP management software - CNR
- Cisco Network Registrar.  I've only tested the Solaris version for 3.5,
I believe - I wasn't too impressed, but their 4.0 version looks pretty
good.

Elsa Lankford
Johns Hopkins

Carlos Patriawan wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Is there any "good" IP Address Management Software for
> very large-scale ISPs and create an optimized network ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carlos Patriawan, CCNA, CCIE (Written)

Elsa Lankford
Senior Systems Software Engineer