Larry,

What was your Cisco knowledge/experience before you embarked on your
study programme?

Regards,
Ben
--- Lawrence Dwyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Sabeen,
>   I studied 2/3 of the nights for 3 months. I bought the most
> recommended books,
> subscribed to Certificationzone, and went through the Cisco CD. I
> would say I was
> dissapointed at how "easy" it was, but I had a good game plan. I took
> the test
> once and got an 82% or so. I was well prepared.
>     I copied the R+S blueprint from Cisco and went through it subject
> by subject.
> I did not read any particular book through to the end (except
> Interconnections by
> Pearlman, I couldn't put it down), just used them as a reference.
> Some subjects I
> knew well from experience, some required extensive study for me (some
> TR and FDDI
> functions, Voice signalling, etc) . I cut and pasted the main subject
> groups into
> word documents that had the objectives at the top. I would go through
> each of my
> books and look up the protocols and terms in the index, read it, and
> make any
> notes I needed. The last 2 weeks I could just read my notes to
> memorize frame
> formats and such to refresh. I started with the Internetworking Tech
> Handbook and
> to get a handle on the basics, then went to the more complex and
> technical
> references. There were alot of subjects I knew nothing about and took
> close to 80
> pages in notes. The note taking also helped me learn, because I had
> to take all
> of those theories and put them in language on paper that I would
> understand.
>    You have to (or at least I do) watch out for burnout, so I would
> study for 2
> nights and take a night off. Only study one day on a weekend. You can
> still enjoy
> life. Even if it takes you an extra 2-3 weeks by taking nights off,
> you will
> probably be more relaxed and retain more.
> HTH  :)
> Good Luck!!
> Larry
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Hi group members,
> >
> > CCIE written. How hard it is?  How long it will take to study it,
> if I quit
> > my job and just study days and nights for it? I want an idea that
> how much
> > time other people spent on it.  Any feedback? (by the way, I
> couldn't find it
> > on groupstudy archive, as I always check it before sending any
> message)
> >
> > Will get a full-time job in Cisco environment  after I pass it
> (hopefully)
> > and study for lab.
> > I have my CCNA, and CCNP (soon) from Cisco and some other
> certifications.
> >
> > Any response will be appreciated.  Thanks!

> [...]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====
Ben Lovegrove, CCNP
Redspan Solutions Ltd
Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.redspan.com
Forum: http://www.delphi.com/talknet/start/
Cisco Products, Internet Services, E-Commerce Software, URL Submissions