Jim,

  In simple terms, the difference is the following:

FXS - you plug phones, fax machines into it. It
supplies ring voltage and dialtone

FXO - You plug into the telephone line going to your
CO. This is capable of seizing the line and placing
outgoing calls. You can also plug it into a PBX
(provided it has a FXS port on it), but it is better
to use an E&M card for that as you get more channels.

Hope this helps

Frank Zahrt III, NP/DP

--- Jim Bond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm kind of confused between the difference of these
> 2
> things. Can someone clarify this for me?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Jim

[EMAIL PROTECTED]