I have an html file with some CCNA study notes on it and it describes one
aspect of the Data-link layer as so:

*******************Data Link
Layer*************************************************

Provides Flow control -- Flow control involves moderating the transmission
of data so that the receiving device is not overwhelmed with more traffic
than it can handle at one time.

*****
But while I was taking a CCIE practice test at cisco.com I encountered this
question and answer to a question:

Q: Some disadvantages of bridging versus routing are: (more than one answer)

A. Bridges cannot provide any form of flow control.
B. Bridges cannot provide congestive feedback information to end nodes.
C. Bridges offer no form of filtering.
D. Bridges are more difficult to administer/maintain than routers.
E. Bridges create more overhead traffic than routers.

Answer = A&B. Flow Control and Congestive Feedback are functions of the
Network layer. As bridges operate at the Data Link layer, these
responsibilities fall to the end stations in a bridged environment.

So my questions is which layer provides flow control?