Typically indicates that the router is not sensing a Carrier Detect signal.

Generally can be attributed to a Telephone Company problem, faulty or
incorrect cabling, or a hardware failure in the DSU.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sim, CT (Chee Tong) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 9:37 PM
To: 'Kevin Wigle'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: what is mean by EIR on the frame relay???

Dear all,

Thank for your guide,  I know I will try to put the gateway of PC A to be IP
of PC B

However, I would like to ask you

1)what is mean by EIR on the Frame relay?  Can any one tell me?

2)If I found the link is up between two router,

router A
interface is up and protocol is down
modem status is  DCD=up  DSR=up  DTR=up  RTS=up  CTS=up

but at the router B,
the interface is down and protocol is down,
the modem status is  DCD=down  DSR=up  DTR=up  RTS=up  CTS=down.

What is likely the cause of the problem? Is that the modem of router B got
problem or serial port of router B got problem or the link within the
service provider got problem