From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 10:49 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Success with Livingston PortMasters? [7:65675]

I received my eBay-purchased Portmaster last night, and am VERY happy with
it.

On www.portmasters.com, in their download area, is a Java "Wizard" that will
turn the thing into a reverse telnet server with no knowledge of the
Portmaster commands.

I now have, for $119 (including shipping), 30 network-accessible RS-232
ports that I can get to from anywhere in my home network with "telnet  60xx"
(where xx is 00 to 29, representing the serial port).

Had to do a little work to wire the DB-25 to RJ-45 adapters, but now I even
have it set up so that regular (straight through) network cables will run
the console ports on the routers and switches.

Perfect for my growing lab, at a great price.