Priscilla Oppenheimer wrote:
> The CCNP Recertification Exam was gruelling, and that's no April Fool's
> joke. But I survived it! ;-)
>
> Exam number: 640-851 (the current one)
> Number of questions: 112
> Time: 2 hours
> Passing Score 732
> My score: 834
>
> Is anyone else taking it soon? Here's some advice:

Another piece of advice: make sure you take the exam BEFORE your
certification expires or you will be wasting your money.

Early in 2002 I foolishly sat for and passed both the CCNPR and
the CCDPR *after* mine had expired. I waited and waited for the
confirmation of recertification.  I finally emailed Cisco who
wrote back with the bad news: the exams didn't count because my
certifications had already expired when I sat for them. I ended
up paying again for all the exams and sitting them over again, so
to speak.

I did take the FRS exam and saved a few dollars. BTW, the FRS
exam was considerably more difficult than either recertification
exam, IMHO. The CCIE qualification exam was much easier by
comparison (at least in April 2002 it was).

-Jonathan