Hello Group

Hello Calista

I don`t want you to get me wrong, I like Linux, in fact, I have more
test linux boxes in my lab than ms boxes.

For me, Linux`s greatest advantage is that the GUI is not colapsed into
the Kernel and this gives you the option to shutdown the GUI or not
use it at all.  This is the best way to save resources on your server.

As I told you I have Linux production servers (not real mission critical but
linux production servers), what I wrote about patches is that recently,
Linux (or linux `s services as you call it) are having a lot
security issues.  I am suscribed to some security mailing list
(watchguard) and the last month the percent of linux postings was
really higher than other OSs postings and really really frequent.  So
I am sorry to make you feel bad, it was not my intention.

And yes , linux is stable, my production servers running the
pinguin OS are just fine, never had a problem.

I am not misinformating about anything, I just wrote this based
on my experience and likes

I just think that Linux is getting better but is still not
mature (think about Kernel updating, there is no central site
to go).  I agree with Mark Minasi about Linux.

I started using linux 6 years ago and have deployed every basic
network service that and enterprise needs.

And about Linux tunning, that depends of your level of expertise.

Servers like Apache, Sendmail, samba are not part of the core, but
what do you do with a server that as a pretty strong Kernel but
no services to offer?

So please Calista, forgive me if a offended you, sorry, and I am
glad to make contact with you because as I read what you wrote
I realize that you are a person that knows about this business.

Thanks for your response.

Diego Martinez Boque
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup