You are both right.. but the problem scenario does'nt give you that mutch
info.. I am trying to deduce all and any ways of going about possible
peering 128.1.1.254. The scenario does not specify if it is a directly
connected peer on the lan segment. That is why I tried updating the source
to the Ethernet first 128.1.2.3 which did not work. You can peer with
secondary addresses with BGP, but I dont think that's what they are asking
for. Since the information is limited with just "Address 128.1.2.3 should be
used for peering with 128.1.1.254." I thought this was a bit vauge, but
since I dont know exactly how many hops 128.1.1.254 is: neighbor 128.1.1.254
ebgp-multihop 255 will have to do. The thing that threw me off was when it
stated to use the Ethernet ip address 128.1.2.3 for peering?? Thanks for the
feedback...

Sal