In other words, for purposes of testing, there are ONLY two ways to remove
things from the AS_PATH. 1) the technique you describe, which is to create
an aggregate and advertise that aggregate only ( although refresh my
memory - an aggregate might still contain full AS_PATH information - don't
have my book handy ) OR to create an appropriate route to null 0, then enter
that route into the BGP process, while filtering those that contain the
AS_PATH you want to remove.

AS1-----------------------------AS2-------------------------AS3

192.168.x.x subnets ------advertised into AS2

                                              ip route 192.0.0.0 255.0.0.0
null 0
bgp process command:     network 192.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0

filter the more specific BGP routes.

AS3 should see just the route to null 0, which does originate in AS2

do I have that right? Do you agree?

Bullwinkle: Hey, Rocky, watch me pull a CCIE out of my hat!

Rocky: Bullwinkle, that trick NEVER works....

Bullwinkle: This time FOR SURE!!!!!!!
( pulls snarling Proctor out of hat )
No doubt about it. I gotta get me a new hat!

""Salvatore De Luca""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I hear ya.. that's why if this was a TEST situation, the statement:
>
> ip as-path access-list 1 permit _2_ & ! _2_ _1$ would permit routes
> traversing AS2 but deny any routes traversed though AS2 Originating in
AS1.