Try different baud rates until the garbage becomes legible is my
guess.  Your config-reg is likely changed though without a password it
is difficult to view.

   Dave

--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"Government can do something for the people only in proportion as it
can do something to the people." -- Thomas Jefferson