My first question is (I only have lab experience, so forgive me if these are
rookie responses). Without the PDM can you, access the via the browser? From
the PDM can you ping the pix?

if you can't ping you need a conduit to allow any icmp (ping). Great for
testing...something like

conduit permit icmp any any

But chances are the old low to high security will be an issue, so you might
need a global (dmz) - would you put the PDM in the dmz???
with a nat range to allow access to the DMZ from the inside (u will need to
change this as per your environment).

global (dmz) 1 123.456.678.111 - 123.456.789.222 netmask 255.255.255.0

Oh don't forget to clear xlate or it won't work.

try the ping and then try the telnet to the pix.

Kenan Ahmed Siddiqi  wrote:
Hi there,
I have a PIX 515E. I am trying to use PDM on it. The configuration is IOS
version 6.0 and PDM version 1.0. The client is Windows 2000 with IE 6.0 and
all the service packs intalled. When I try connecting to the PIX via the
browser, somehow it just doesn't work. Everything else seems to be okay. PIX
is configured to accept PDM connections from the client. Any suggestions how
to fix it? Is there some encryption or something that needs to be
enabled/disabled?

TIA,

Kenan