What kind of output do you get after  the write mem or copy run start
commands? Anything?
Also, after you save the config, do a show start to see if the changes
have in fact been written to NVRAM. (I suspect the problem is with NVRAM,
although I personally have never encountered a write-protected NVRAM on a
Cisco router before, but that doesn't mean it can't happen! And your
symptoms certainly sound like that is the case)!
Since the existing configuration is still there when you reboot, I doubt
the problem is with the config-register.
I will be interested in what you find,
Bruce

MADMAN wrote:

  That's a good one!  After saving the config do you see the changes
  when you do a write term?  What is the platform and the IOS?

     Dave

  Hitesh Arora wrote:

    Dear All,

    I need some expert comments from this group for my problem. The router is

  in

    working condition and 3 links are working fine on this router. Now I need

    do some changes in the router configuration. After changing and saving
the
    configuration, I gave a reboot to the router. But I find, that router is
    back to the previuos old configuration. Why so??

    I have checked that the config-register setting is set to 0x2102. Sh

  Version

    command also shows me the config-register is set to 0x2102. I have
applied
    the config-register 0x2102 command also to be doubly sure that the router

  is

    picking config from the same register.

    Pls. help

    Thanks
    Hitesh

    Got a wish? Make it come true.
http://server1.msn.co.in/msnleads/citibankpersonalloan/index.asp     Best
    personal loans!

--
Bruce Enders
Chesapeake Netcraftsmen, LLC   Cell 443-994-0678