>I am trying to configure a 2600 router.  I have two problems:
>
>1. I issued the default route command
>ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x
>
>I can see this under ip classless in "sh run"
>
>However, when I do a "sh ip route", it does not appear there and in fact
>says:
>
>Gateway of last resort is not set

Is there a route to your destination in the routing table?  In other words,
you're configuring a.b.c.d as your default route.  Is there a valid route in
the routing table to a.b.c.d?

>2. I configured it for RIP using
>router rip
>network 63.x.x.0
>
>and it shows as
>63.0.0.0

RIP is classful and the network command behaves in a classful manner.  Since
63.x.y.z is a class A network, no matter what you type in it will show up in
the config as a class A network.  For example, you could type "network
63.21.82.0" and it will still end up showing 63.0.0.0 in your config.

Regards,
John