I would highly recommend you use the ip host command for your telnet
connections.  Bring down the possibility of fat fingering the keyboard.

You should configure the loopback ip address for the reverse telnet

E.g.
---------------------------
conf term
interface loopback 0
ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.255
exit

ip host test 2001 192.168.1.1

line 1 16
no exec
transport input all
exit

Then type test to go to the device that is off the octal cable position
1.

Cheers,

Jamie