That depends.  What conditions will they be running in?  We have had
1900 series switches go bad after 4-5 years because they were sharing a
room with the custodians (and a sink).  There were water stains on it.

It's my understanding that the new 2950's and 3550's have a lifetime
warranty.

Otherwise, figure they'll last years.

Ken

>>> "Mary Myers"  06/18/03 12:10PM >>>
Greetings,

As the company that I work for is considering replacing cat6006 with 2

smaller switches set up for dedundancy, I am looking into the average
life
cycle of  Catalyst products.

What is the avg life cycle of the Cat switches?

Thanks,
Marc