You could have a look at the 4500's.
A couple of 4506's or 4507's would up your performance and port count for
far less than you paid for your 6006 (relatively). As they are a fairly
recent addition, they 'should' have a fair lifespan before they become end
of life/sale.

I would guestimate at 4 to 6 years before most companies find that their
newly purchased switches are nearing replacement. This is putting my neck on
the line really as there are probably hundreds of reasons for this time
being shorter or longer, depending on the company, their requirements, the
speed at which the industry evolves etc etc, but from what I have seen this
seems to be fairly true.
A lot can happen in 5 years though.

I've rolled out a few 4500's recently and find them hard to beat with
anything realistically priced (unless you stray from Cisco).

These are just my points of view and open to argument as always.

Bikespace

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]