I'm afraid that I've already deleted the first part of this thread (After a
vacation in Spain, and skimming 2600+ messages), so if someone's already
said this, then...  Well, sorry for the repeat, and whoever said it must be
incredibly smart :)

Anyway, I've found that Smartforce has some decent CBTs for many subjects,
including Cisco.  I'm not sure on pricing, as they're paid for by my
organization.

Some caveats:

  1) In their defense, the courses I have were downloaded four or five
months ago, and if there were any updates to their courses, I didn't have
them.

  2)  Their courses are, overall...  pretty good, but somewhat lacking in
quality control.  Whoever edited the OSPF course in ACRC 11.3, I recall,
should be dragged out into the street and beaten severely a few times.  I
only recall a few errors or 'inconsistencies' in the course material itself,
but the biggest problems were are in the practical exercises.  Sometimes,
I'll complete the exercise and be told that I did it incorrectly.  When I
gave up and clicked the 'Show me' button, the course did the exercise the
same way I did.

  3) Again, the OSPF course sticks in my mind, but I found errors in the
practical exercises in the DCN and OSPF courses, as well.  I did part of the
BCRAN course later, and it seemed to be pretty good.

  4) Overall, if you have access to them (your company has already paid for
them), take them.  I couldn't have passed the DCN test without the course,
as their were several questions asking 'What is the third step in xxxxxx',
that Priscilla's book didn't cover.  Priscilla's book is outstanding, but it
wasn't designed to teach the test.

  5) Smarforce is also behind on updating their Cisco courses.  They just
released BCMSN while I was in Spain (just in time for me to take), but they
still haven't done BSCN, or CIT.

My two bits,

Joel Studtmann

8meog5$bv7$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:8meog5$bv7$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...