From: Zsombor Papp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 10:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Multiple Default Routes [7:70914]

At 10:27 AM 6/19/2003 +0000, Chirag Arora wrote:
>How are the default routes defined: using the next hop or using local
>interface?? In case of local interface they will not flush out even if the
>interface is down. In case of next hop it should.

IMHO the route should be removed even if it's pointing to the local
interface. With what version of IOS have you seen the behavior you describe?

Nevertheless, the best thing is to reference both a next hop and a local
interface in the static route, as explained on the web page Srivathsan sent.

Thanks,

Zsombor