Hi,

you can take the VTP server down and you will have no problem.
On the VTP server you configure VLANs and VTP propagates the
configured VLANs from the server to the clients. Without a VTP
server all VLANs will work.

You can run a network without a VTP server. In this case you
have to configure the VLANs on all switches manually.

VTP (VLAN trunking protocol) does not handle trunking. The name
is misleading. It is a management protocol running only on trunk
ports of the switches.

Nevertheless it is usefull to have two VTP servers instead of
one for availability.

VTP is not propageted via routers or Layer 3 switch ports. It is
limited to a broadcast domain.

With kind regards
Jens Neelsen

[EMAIL PROTECTED]