Hi,

IMHO it is technically incorrect to configure anything but /32 on a
loopback. Last time I checked, OSPF in IOS advertised the loopback address
as /32 regardless of the configured mask, but other protocols did not (ie.
they advertised the mask as you configured it). So if you ever configure
two or more loopbacks with /24 and they happen to be in the same subnet,
and the routing protocol happens to advertise this information as you
configured it, then you will have an unreachable loopback.

Thanks,

Zsombor