Use ip unnumbered on the WAN interface to the Ethernet.  Assign the Ether a
legal and the PIX a legal and use the rest to your liking...

That's how I setup my home connection; works great!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bikespace [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 2:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Router 827 ADSL + PIX 506 configuration [7:71059]

Okey Dokey - understood. If you're just playing around that's fine.

You may have a few options. You could use your /29 for the subnet between
router and Pix, but then you lose two of your 6 available addresses for the
router and the Pix. Although you can grab some of these back, for instance
by using port redirection on the outside interface of the Pix, so that port
80 goes to one of your web servers and 53 to one of your DNS servers etc.
The other 4 addresses can be set up as static NAT through the Pix.
Use Global (outside) 1 interface for outgoing connections to save using one
of your addresses for general PAT.

You could use a private address between the router and the Pix and just
route your /29 at the Pix, then do NAT from there. You don't lose any of the
8 addresses then. You could still do port redirection, so one IP address
doesn't have to be one server. Do as before and chip off port 80 for your
web, and 53 for DNS etc.

Good Luck

Bikespace

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]