First of all I would like to thank you all for helping me out throughout my
study in preparing for the CCCIE written exam.

I study for 6 months straight for the CCIE written and today I got a scored
lower than dirt-- 41 :(   Passing Score is 70.

I've passed CCNA and CCNP with no problem in the past. I guess I have
finally meet my match

To the contrary of what I have heard, the test is well written as far as
grammar is concerned. I clearly understand the content of the questions. I
just didn't have most of the answers and most of the answers look like right
answers. I did very poorly on the scenario questions. I feel like I needed
to configured all these topics in a lab environment..

Here's the list of books that I used to prepare for it.

Bruno
Caslo
Doyle TCP/IP 1 and 2
Halabi- BGP
Hamilton- switching
CCO Links
Boson 3 and
Experience

I feel like throughout my study I was mostly focusing on the theoretical
part of the subjects because most of the books have nothing but million of
pages of theory and like 3 little scenarios.
I read whatever scenarios as well.

Are the CCO links up to date on the blue print ?

I got grueled on IPX and token ring which I only have a grasp for by theory.
I have never work with IPX or Token ring in real life (not making excuses
here :-)

I hope this question is not lame. But can someone tell me how to study for
the CCIE ? What should I focus on when studying. I welcome any help you can
throw at me.
I can't fail it a second time...

Thanks

RBX10