Hi,
  ATM technology is based on 53 byte cells. Also ATM has a 5 byte header
per cell. So your payloads length can be 48 bytes per ATM cell.

with a basic calculation, for an ip traffic on 34Mb ATM link :

48 (payload includes the ip header) / 53 (total bytes can be trasnfered
in a cell)

equals to 0.90566.
That means maximum %90.56 of your ATM link can be ip traffic (including
the ip headers)

so 34Mb * 0.90566 = 30.7925 Mb can be the ip traffic.

and also consider that you have ip headers in that traffic,
if you calculate the actual payload , it is lesser than that.

hope that helps,