""Ken Diliberto""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> With the Sup IV, you could use the 4507R chassis and have the ability to
> use redundant supervisors in the future.  I think the switching speed of
> the Sup IV is faster and you can do L3 as well.  Things the Sup II can't
> do.

Uh, I think you're talking about the SupII, but the guy is asking about the
SupII+.  The SupII+ can be used redundantly and can do (basic) L3 switching.

The difference between the Sup4 and the SupII+ is that the Sup4 can handle
advanced routing protocols (anything beyond RIP) and has more processing
power, RAM, and flash, and can therefore handle more adjacency entries, more
VLANs, etc. etc.  If you can get away with just using static routes and/or
RIP and you're not pushing your switch very much, then you could save money
by getting the SupII+.

I know some guys who are using the SupII+ and they report no issues.  I have
a number of people report issues with the Sup4.