Then You need a network without switches. Without the span
port, all unicast frames will only be forwarded to their correct
destination ports.

Your sniffer will not "see" the traffic.

Using RMON/SNMP, its possible to poll some data directly from the switch,
such as statistics, etc. I don't know a way to use
snmp to tell the switch to "give me all frames for X flow".

A way around this is to put a hub between the switch and the
device being monitored (host, fw, router). Then plug your
"sniffer" into that hub. The hub is a repeater and will get all frames
to the sniffer.