To be fair, I just checked, and Doyle didn't say anthing about
redistribution.

The example simply shows configuring

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.82

The text says that the router that has that config (which is running RIP by
the way) advertises the default to other RIP routers.

It goes on to say:

"After a default route is identified in the routing table, RIP, EIGRP, IGRP
will automatically advertise it."

That's right, isn't it? If it were OSPF you would need redistribution, but
not for those others?

That was the original question. Sorry I confused it with the statement from
CertZone, which really meant to cover a different situation. :-)

Thanks,

Priscilla